Women & Population
Empowering women and girls worldwide is the smartest investment we can make to solve global problems. When women and girls are educated, have access to economic opportunities, adequate healthcare and human rights, we all benefit.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Invested $140 million in programs to empower women and girls worldwide
- Raised another $22 million for women and girls’ programs through individuals, private sector and foundations.
- Created the leading blog on reproductive health news, information and commentary – RH Reality Check.
- Jointly developed Africa’s first rigorously evaluated program to prevent child marriage in partnership with the UN Population Fund, Nike Foundation and Population Council.
- Allocated $50 million for HIV/AIDS prevention programs
WHAT WE’VE ACCOMPLISHED
Supporting Adolescent Girls
We have galvanized global attention on investing in adolescent girls through advocacy and investment. We work closely with the leading UN agencies supporting adolescent girls around the world including the UN Population Fund (UNFPA), the UN Development Fund (UNIFEM) for Women and the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF), among others.
The UN Population Fund (UNFPA) is the world’s leading voice on sexual and reproductive health and rights, and population stabilization. We support UNFPA’s work to change policy and build awareness here in the U.S. and around the world to empower women.
Promoting Reproductive Health
We are committed to universal sexual and reproductive health and rights for all women and girls. We support reproductive health services to fight HIV/AIDS and to ensure healthy mothers and healthy babies.