mHealth Alliance Intern: Partnership and Membership (Summer 2013)
Open Date: 05/13/2013
Close Date: 05/27/2013
The mHealth Alliance champions the use of mobile technologies to improve health throughout the world. Working with diverse partners to integrate mHealth into multiple sectors, the Alliance serves as a convener for the mHealth community to overcome common challenges by sharing tools, knowledge, experience, and lessons learned. The mHealth Alliance advocates for more and better quality research and evaluation to advance the evidence base; seeks to build capacity among health and industry decision-makers, managers, and practitioners; promotes sustainable business models; and supports systems integration by advocating for standardization and interoperability of mHealth platforms. The mHealth Alliance also hosts HUB (Health Unbound), a global online community for resource sharing and collaborative solution generation. Hosted by the United Nations Foundation, and founded by the Rockefeller Foundation, Vodafone Foundation, and UN Foundation. For more information, visit http://www.mhealthalliance.org.
The mHealth Alliance Partnership and Membership intern reports to the Deputy Director. eek.
• Support Deputy Director in partnership development
• Provide support to programmatic activities and outputs of the mHealth - research for concept notes and proposals development
• Liaise with other UN Foundation teams and programs to stay up to date on Foundation wide outreach efforts and programmatic work;
• Help maintain all existing partnership tracking files; will proactively gather data from research, journals, clippings, etc., on prospects; updated central files as necessary;
• Use daily and weekly sources of information, such as business newspapers, magazines and electronic data sources for important information on past donors, prospects and for the identification of new prospects;
• Support general Alliance activities such as reviewing and editing documents, taking notes at meetings and on conference calls, and providing other support as needed by the Alliance.
• Support community manager in managing membership - application emails, update members website page, and email list serve.
• Serve as a point of contact for current and prospective member organizations.
• Track member news and provide updates to the community manager for communications team on items to be highlighted in public materials
• Draft membership email messaging and weekly member blogs
• Update the team with the membership campaign progress
• Assist with planning and implementing of all Membership activities (i.e. webinars, online panels, in-person networking events, etc.).
• Provide event support that will include building presentations, setting-up teleconferences, assisting with the coordination of large-scale event/summits.
• Applicants can be a recent graduate or enrolled in a degree-granting program in an undergraduate or graduate school during the internship. Pursuit of, or degree in, public health, and/or international development, strongly desired.
• Exceptional analytical and writing skills in English required.
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and to undertake independent problem-solving.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Excellent writing and editing skills required.
• Ability to work independently as well as member of a team.
• Team player
• Background in communication (both online and offline) is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Intern will be paid at $10 per hour.
Please apply online.
Requirements (only completed packages will be considered):
• Current resume or curriculum vitae;
• Cover letter addressed to Intern Administrator stating your purpose for obtaining this internship.
• Only electronic applications will be accepted.
• PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER AS ONE DOCUMENT-EITHER AS A .PDF OR .DOC.
UNF/BWF is an AA/EEO employer.
People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.