The UN International Research and Training Institute for the Advancement of Women (UN-INSTRAW) works to improve the lives of women throughout the world by ensuring that their rights, needs, views and priorities are integral components in decision-making and development. Your contribution to the UN Foundation’s Fund for UN-INSTRAW will support our efforts to make women a priority at an international level.
UN-INSTRAW relies entirely on voluntary financial contributions. Our funding comes from contributions by governments, foundations, corporations, organizations and individuals like you.
UN-INSTRAW is the leading UN institute devoted to research, training and knowledge management to achieve gender equality and women’s empowerment. Through alliance building with governments around the world, the UN System, academia, civil society, the private sector and other actors, UN-INSTRAW conducts action-oriented research, creates synergies for knowledge management, and builds capacity in organizations working toward gender equality.
UN-INSTRAW works to promote women’s security, development and participation through three programs:
- Human Security
- Ending violence against women—in the home, at work, in the street
- Contributing to the full implementation of Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security, among others
- Migration, gender and remittances—looking at the impact of migration on national and community development, women’s human and economic rights, and the formation of transnational families
- Human Rights
- Strengthening women’s role in politics and decision-making
- Making equality central to good governance
- Advisory services to promote women’s participation and gender mainstreaming
- Contributions to the UN Foundation’s Fund for UN-INSTRAW can be directed to the overall mission of UN-INSTRAW.
To donate, click here.
For more information about UN-INSTRAW’s work, visit our Web site.