Global Leadership Dinner
The United Nations Foundation and the United Nations Association of the USA celebrated the important work of the UN, the U.S.'s key support of the UN and the inspirational leaders who are working to advance peace, prosperity, and justice here in the United States and throughout the world at our annual Global Leadership Dinner on November 6, 2013 at Gotham Hall in New York.
Annually one of the most impactful events in New York, the Global Leadership Dinner brings together a distinguished audience like no other, including A-list attendance representing the highest levels of the diplomatic, business, government, philanthropic, media, celebrity, and social sectors.
Photos from the dinner:
This year’s honorees included:
- Malala Yousafzai, the courageous Pakistani teenager who has overcome enormous challenges to speak out for girls education;
- Senator Timothy E. Wirth, the UN Foundation’s Vice Chair and the person who turned Ted Turner’s vision for the UN Foundation into a reality;
- U.S. Ambassador to the UN Samantha Power, who was honored for her fierce commitment to human rights;
- Front-line polio workers, who are performing heroic work in protecting children from this crippling disease;
- GE Africa, a leader in improving health care for women and children through the Secretary-General’s Every Woman Every Child movement; and
- 10x10, the filmmakers who created Girl Rising and are trailblazers in raising awareness of the importance of girls’ education.
Read the press release:
UN Foundation Honors Change Agents Helping United Nations Build Better Future
New York, NY (November 7, 2013)
Global Leadership Awards History
For 55 years, UNA-USA's Global Leadership Dinner has brought together policymakers, diplomats, UN supporters, business leaders, and celebrities to call attention to the vital role the UN plays in helping the global community advance peace, prosperity and justice and to honor individuals and corporations for their global leadership in advancing UN causes. Read More >>