What should world leaders talk about next week?
September 18, 2013 BY Jenni Lee
Next week, world leaders are gathering in New York for the start of the United Nations General Assembly.
This is a chance to enhance international cooperation on shared development goals ranging from improving health and the environment to promoting gender equality to ending poverty.
So what issues should be discussed to advance the development agenda? What are the pressing challenges and the high-impact solutions?
Skoll World Forum, partnering with the United Nations Foundation, Johnson & Johnson, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Huffington Post, asked a group of experts for their ideas.
Read their answers at the Skoll World Forum. You will hear from:
- Glaucia Barros – Chair of Social Progress Network Brazil, Fundación Avina
- Ruma Bose – Consultant, serial entrepreneur, investor, philanthropist,
author, and member of the UN Foundation Global Entrepreneurs Council
- Kathy Calvin – President and CEO of the UN Foundation
- Arianna Huffington, President and Editor-in-Chief of The Huffington Post
- John Kluge – Co-founder and Chief Disruption Officer of Toilet Hackers
- Carolyn Miles – President and CEO of Save the Children
- Chris Underhill and Shoba Raja – Founder Director of
BasicNeeds and Director for Policy and Practice of BasicNeeds
Leave a Comment