Top 10 Reasons to Gift a Net This Season
December 16, 2013 BY Chris Helfrich
In 2012, the World Health Organization estimates that there were more than 200 million cases of malaria. But there is also good news: We have effective tools to fight malaria. Insecticide-treated bed nets are a simple, inexpensive solution to protect families from this deadly disease.
As you work through your holiday shopping list, here are 10 Reasons to Gift a Net through the United Nations Foundation’s Nothing But Nets campaign:
10. Because nets work. Malaria deaths are down 45% since 2000!
9. Because a bed net lasts longer (up to three years) than fruit-of-the-month, and your friend will actually appreciate the gesture.
8. Because our United Nations partners are extremely efficient at distributing bed nets to those who need them most, like refugees.
7. Because a $10 bed net is more meaningful than a $10 gift card.
6. Because you want to make a difference in the world and so does Aunt Berta.
5. Because the card we’ll send to your friends and family is beautiful and has a little piece of a sample bed net.
4. Because the card explains to your mom how an insecticide-treated bed net saves lives (so you don’t have to).
3. Because it’s the most thoughtful gift your family and friends will receive this year.
2. Because helping those in need is what the holidays are all about.
1. Because it can save a life (Is there a better reason?)
How could you pass that up? Here's all you have to do:
- Select the print or e-card that you want to send to your special gift recipient telling him or her about your thoughtful choice.
- Sit back and enjoy the holiday season.
Start a new holiday tradition this year. Give gifts that give back and save lives. Gift a net.
Thank you for celebrating the holiday season by giving back to others.
Leave a Comment